Financial remedy cases (“ancillary relief”)
Joanna has substantial experience in acting for all parties involved in matrimonial remedy cases including interveners and trust funds. In addition to litigation Joanna has considerable experience of “round table” meetings to ensure a proactive approach to resolving financial disputes. Joanna has a considerable paperwork practice involving drafting of complex orders and prenuptial agreements in addition to advices on quantum & evidence/ requests for information & notices to admit facts.
Joanna has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Joinder of 3rd parties including companies in private financial proceedings
- Quasi partnership arguments
- Tax implications of settlements
- Injunctive relief to prevent dissipation of assets (including property abroad)
- Enforcement proceedings
Joanna accepts instructions from Direct Access clients in less complex cases and is adept at matching such clients with the appropriate solicitor in cases where there is a need for dual representation. In addition Joanna represents persons responding to a pre nuptial agreement on a direct access basis.
Whilst Joanna has extensive experience of acting for all parties in public law proceedings she predominately represents parents and family members including siblings .Joanna’s overarching aim is to ensure that all clients whether professional or lay understand the trial process and are able to fully engage in the process.
Joanna has appeared in lengthy cases involving the following:
- Allegations of serious non accidental physical injury to child including unexplained infant death / head injuries
- Alleged sexual & emotional abuse of children
- Inappropriate images of children & joint protocol approach (concurrent crime & Family proceedings)
- Representation of family in cases where one parent has killed the other
Joanna has vast experience in the full range of orders from Child Arrangement Orders to removal from jurisdiction cases. In addition Joanna regularly undertakes fact finding & injunctive relief cases.
Education & Training
Joanna has lectured for the Law Society & various individual legal trainers. Joanna ensures that her own training is kept updated and fully relevant attending Family Law Bar Association courses & regular training days.