Ian practises in all areas of crime including serious organised crime, violence, public order, drug offences (including conspiracy to import and supply), sexual offences, (including trials involving young witnesses and defendants), fraud, explosives and firearms.
He accepts instructions for the defence and prosecution and is a Grade 3 Prosecutor.
Cases of note:
- R v Dwarika and 18 others. Conspiracy to supply 864 kg of cocaine from Trinidad to USA. Represented 5 separate defendants. National and DEA investigation
- R v Sheldon and 23 others. Conspiracy to supply cocaine. OPERATION PHOBUS. Successful Auterfois/abuse argument
- R v Farah and others. Conspiracy to supply heroin. Internal concealment of drugs. Not Guilty
- R v LH John. Conspiracy to import 850kg of cannabis from South Africa. Not guilty
- R v Beddowes. Assault by penetration. Not guilty
- R v Sulyman. Cannabis factories. Not Guilty
- R v Hollingsworth. 8 x Assault by Penetration. Not Guilty
- R v Assad and others. Violent Disorder ‘Cardiff Riots’
- R v Thomas and others. Violent Disorder. Newbury races. Not guilty
- R v Campbell. S18 ear bitten off. Not Guilty