Jim prosecutes and defends all categories of criminal work, including the following:
- murder, manslaughter and serious violence
- rape and serious sexual offences (including historical sexual abuse)
- serious fraud
- complex computer crime
- death by dangerous driving
- drugs conspiracies
He is a CPS Grade 4 Prosecutor and a member of the CPS Specialist Rape Panel.
Notable cases include:
- David Morris: Junior Counsel in the prosecution of David Morris for the murder of three generations of the same family (known as the ‘Clydach murders’), which was one of the largest criminal investigations in Welsh legal history.
- Ian Watkins: Junior Counsel in the prosecution of Watkins (of the ‘LostProphets’) for multiple child sex offences and making indecent images
- S: Defence counsel in an unusual case involving the death of a child alleged to have been caused by scurvy
- R: A case involving 400 instances of computer hacking and blackmail
- Knight: Prosecution for fraud and attempting to pervert the course of justice by defendant purporting to be in a coma